Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Gardening

I always used to grow flowers and some important herbs for my cooking, but this year seems more favorable despite of the heat wave (El Nino) currently experienced in Malaysia for the past 2 months.

I have 2 small gardens in my front yard which caters for flowers, and at the back of house which consists mostly of herbs.  Because of the dry season in Malaysia and the heat wave (El Nino) the plants seem to struggle to survive. I water them twice a day but the insect and pest seems more to enjoy them at present, but thank God all under control with anti-insects spray, and some fertilizers.

This year I spend more money on taking care of the plants and even the water bill increased. Hopefully by end of April the weather will be back to normal and the rain season will come.

The heat wave (El Nino) affected drastically the rice planting season, which is delayed due to no rain for the past 2-3 months.

Also mango and durian plantation suffers due to the heat wave.

Not only the plants but even the humans are affected. I had never experience anything like this in my 10 years in Malaysia, so hot like now, which is continuing with no rain.

In Alor Setar, 3 times the school closed due to the high temperatures of 37 C continuously for 3 days.

Every landscape in the city seems yellow and dried.




No comments:

Post a Comment